SLEEP…..elusive for many, never enough, and the phrase “sleeping like a baby” is a joke because actual babies wake up A LOT during the night. I should know. My 21 month old is just now sleeping though the night! Lol
Getting more sleep is one of the major reasons I bought my essential oil kit. Bryce had such a hard time calming down at night and my anxiety issues would mean when my head finally did hit the pillow I would just…lay there thinking….totally not sleeping. Anyone with me here? I know I can’t be the only one. So frustrating because I would be SO exhausted yet my mind just would not shut off.
The first thing I did when I got my kit was diffuse lavender that night in Bryce’s room. I also massaged a drop of Lavender on each foot. And a miracle happened. My kid fell asleep. Like in 1/2 the time it normally took. I started thinking maybe there was some truth to this oil thing.
I started looking up essential oil combos for sleep and anxiety and found a lot. Apparently sleep is a popular subject in google land.
I placed another order and tried popular oils like Cedarwood, Lavender and Peace & Calming. Cedarwood and Lavender have been the winners for Bryce. We have made up a roller ball that he applies to his neck every night before bed. Valor has been great for my anxiety and I now fall asleep much faster and more importantly, stay asleep!!
Below are the most popular essential oils for sleep. I encourage you to try as many as you can and find “your” magic sleep combo.
If you are interested in purchasing essential oils I recommend getting Young Living’s Starter Kit because it includes 11 oils PLUS a diffuser.
Click here to order and for more info.
- Emotionally Grounding
- Promotes calm and relaxation
- Use for aiding better sleep
- Calming, purifying properties by stimulating the limbic region of the brain (centre of emotions)
- Combats hair loss and stimulates hair follicles
- May assist in skin problems (acne and eczema)
- Calms the mind
- Diffused or used topically for calming effect
- May assist in soothing muscular discomfort
Peace & Calming
- Relaxes and calms
- Promotes a calm emotional and mental state
- Eliminates dark mood and thoughts
- Rub into feet to promote relaxation and sleep
- Consisits of Blue Tansy, Patchouli, Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang
Stress Away (Available as an Oil & Roll-On)
- Gentle, fragrant blend that brings a feeling of peace and tranquility to both children and adults and helps to relieve daily stress and nervous tension.
- Helps with normal, everyday stress, improves mental response, restores equilibrium, promotes relaxation and lowers hypertension
- Consists of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, Lavender
RutaVaLa (Available as an Oil & Roll-On)
- Promote relaxation
- Helps overcome negative feelings
- Aids in relieving tension
- Consists of Ruta graveolens (rue) oil, valeriana officinalis (valerian) root oil, and lavender oil
Young Living Sleep Essence
- Unique sleep-enhancing properties in a softgel vegetarian capsule for easy ingestion
- Consists of 4 powerful essential oils that have sleep enhancing properties: Lavender, Vetiver, Valerian and Ruta Gravelens + combined with the hormone Melatonin = a powerful all natural sleep aid.
- Relaxing and calming for body and mind
- Promotes sleep
- Used for skin care and skin regeneration
- Stabilizes emotions that are linked to the past
- Calming and helps anxiety
- Balances energy
- Diffuses anger
- Builds confidence
- Consists of Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Rosewood, and Frankincense